- Current Streak Navy, 13 Games
- Inaugural Meeting 1890, Navy 24-0
- Last Meeting 2014, Navy 17-10
- Coach Niumatalolo vs. Army 7-0
- Coach Monken vs. Navy 0-2
- 2015 Army-Navy Game marks the Rivalry’s 116th meeting and 86th time played in Philadelphia
Another proud tradition of the academy football season is the competition for the Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy, awarded to the academy (Army, Navy or Air Force) with the best record after playing their two counterparts. The award is given to the prior year’s winner in the case of a tie.
The trophy has been awarded to Air Force 19 times, Navy 14 times, and Army 6 times, with 4 ties. The President of the United States often awards the trophy himself at the White House for its presentation. Air Force currently holds the trophy; Navy’s last win was in 2013 and Army’s last win was in 1996. The 2.5-foot-tall, 170-pound trophy is topped with three footballs that rise above figurines of the mascots of the three academies.
86 games in Philadelphia (including 2015 Army-Navy Game)
at Municipal/JFK Stadium: 41 games, Navy led 22-16-3
at Franklin Field: 18 games, Army led 11-7
at Veterans Stadium: 17 games, Army led 11-5-1
at Lincoln Financial Field: 9 games, Navy leads 9-0